Saturday 31 December 2011

Rapha Festive 500 Ride #7

Before I started the Rapha Festive 500, I knew the guys at Fort Langley Cyclery were hosting a New Year's Eve group ride. I wouldn't say I planned my whole Rapha Festive 500 around this ride, but I was counting on getting about 50 kilometres out of it.


My support team, consisting of my wife and three kids were kind enough to drive me out to Fort Langley for the start of the ride. I was on my own to get home :)


A group of eight of us set off under cool but dry conditions. It was pretty cool to ride in a group to take advantage of some drafting. We had some spirited sprints and uphill bursts. I think everyone was enjoying the dry weather. We even tackled the fearsome Armstrong Hill, which I had been avoiding all year, never really feeling up to the challenge. I don't know if it was the 450 kilometres I had in my legs, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.


@1luckybiker even made it through an entire ride without a flat!


I easily knocked out the remaining 51 kilometres I needed for the Rapha Festive 500. It was a nice way to wrap up my first year of serious cycling.


Rapha Festive 500 complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment