Sunday 1 January 2012

Rapha Festive 500 - A Review

The Rapha Festive 500 was a perfect conclusion to my first year of road cycling.


500 kilometres in just over one week was a lofty goal, as I had mainly been aiming for 500 km per month since the spring.


It was fun to watch other people attempt the challenge as well. Successful or not, it takes a lot of dedication to get out on your bike, especially in the kind of weather that we often have in BC.


Finally meeting @1luckybiker in person, and establishing connections with Vegan Dave and Peter Eyestone were pretty cool benefits of the challenge.


I would not have been able to complete the Festive 500 without the awsome support from my family. My wife and kids were very accomodating and patient with all the cycling I was doing.


Now that the challenge of the Fesitive 500 is over, another challenge begins. The challenge to build upon the work I did cycling over Christmas and carry my fitness through until the 2012 racing season begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment