Friday 30 December 2011

Rapha Festive 500 Ride #6

I had ridden 195 kilometres in two days, so I took a day off before tackling the final two days of the Rapha Festive 500. I had 124 kilometres left to finish, so I knew I would be able to make it.

I agonized all Thursday about where to go cycling, a lot of my routes where working out to be too long. I was trying to fit a ride into a three hour window. I couldn't neglect the family for too long :)

I decided to try to leave my mark on some Strava segments, so I head south down to the border and back up through Fort Langley. I never did really well on the Strava mission, but I knocked out a good chunk of kilometres, leaving me with a very manageable final day.

After five rides where I ended up soaking wet, it was a nice change to be able to complete this ride without a drop of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment