Friday 15 March 2013

Starting the 2013 Season

The time has finally come for me put my preseason training to the test. This Sunday marks my return to bike racing. Looking back, I haven't raced in far too long. I missed the opening races of 2013 due to work, in fact my last road race was Barry's Roubaix in April of 2012! Definitely need to focus on attending more races this year.

I finally committed to joining a cycling team this year. I'm looking forward to representing Daryl-Evans Racing this year at road and cyclocross races.

I initially learned of Daryl-Evans Racing reading the exploits of Joshua Weiss and their efforts in hosting cyclocross races at the South Surrey Bike Park, including the 2012 Canadian Cyclocross Championship. I've also met some of the other team members through Twitter and Strava.

I was attracted to the team due to the local nature of the events they host and their mission to build a Master's road and cyclocross program, plus their jersey looks pretty cool.



When you join a cycling team, you need a new bike right?

Well even if you don't, the minimum number of bikes one must own is three, I managed to find a great deal on this 2012 Opus Crescendo at Fort Langley Cyclery.

I knew that if I was going to buy a new bike, it would have to be full carbon, with at least an Ultegra groupset. I figured anything less wouldn't be enough of an upgrade over my current bike. I had looked at many bikes, a lot of them seemed to be white. Which was something I wanted to avoid, white is definitely a little harder to keep looking clean. The Crescendo fit all those requirements plus it matched my Easton wheels quite nicely.

As expected the Crescendo feels lightning fast, and is a very comfortable ride. However, as they say "It never gets easier, you just go faster."

Hopefully it helps me go a little bit faster.

3 comments:

  1. Dude....the minimum amount of bikes is actually 4. Tell your wife, or don't, and buy another. Then get in trouble. I know from experience.

    Also, your bike looks killer. Well done. Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great racing with you on Sunday! The new bike looks sweet and you proved you can ride it at Bradner! However I must refer you to the Velominati as the correct number of bikes to own is actually n+1 where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This can also be expressed s-1 where s is the number of bikes that would result in a separation from your wife :)

    ReplyDelete